We are looking for an enthusiastic and conscientious individual who will be responsible for assisting the Head Chef with the preparation of the full menu; food quality and consistency is imperative to the role. You will assist in the setup and close down of the kitchen ensuring hygiene practices are of the highest standard.
Closing date: 05 Feb 2023
5.6 weeks annual leave entitlement. Wage increase following successful completion of apprenticeship scheme. Enrolment into pension scheme (optional).
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
13 Feb 2023
11 Jan 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Under supervision of the Head Chef the apprentice will primarily:
- Cook and present all menu meals to existing specification
- Work quickly and methodically ensuring the presentation of meals is of the highest standard
- Keep a safe and clean environment to ensure "5 Star Rating" is maintained
- Practice excellent food hygiene ensuring workstation is kept clean during food preparation
- Maintain standards for food storage, rotation, quality and appearance
- Ensure compliance with applicable health codes and regulations
- Complete relevant paperwork for food safety checks
- Determine food inventory needs, stocking and ordering, working closely with the restaurant manager
- Maintain good working relationships with front of house, ensuring roles are respected
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The apprentice will learn, work, earn and achieve a level 2 Production Chef qualification all at the same time.
To achieve the apprenticeship they will complete the following:
- An industry designed and recognised apprenticeship
- End Point Assessment (On-Demand Test, Practical Observation and Professional Discussion)
- The apprenticeship is work based, however the apprentice may be required to attend Selby College if needed
- Planned Duration: 15 months (practical period: 12 months, End Point Assessment period: 3 months)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon completion of the apprenticeship, the apprentice may progress into employment within the sector or complete further studies related to their area of work.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade 4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Food (Grade 4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
HEART OF YORKSHIRE EDUCATION GROUP
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.