ICT Support Apprentice – Walthamstow Academy Walthamstow Academy
To assist the IT team in the smooth and secure running of the academy’s ICT infrastructure, including all computers and servers, interactive boards, projectors, and computer networks within the Academy.
Closing date: 10 Feb 2023
£10,300 - £15,500, dependent on age of apprentice
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
20 Feb 2023
10 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Assisting the IT team with systems maintenance in the Academy’s computer network, under the direction of the ICT Network Manager. This will include:
- To help provide first level support for users, assessing and responding to their needs and supporting all staff and students in their use of the resources and network
- Assisting the team with backup, validation and requests for restoration of data
- Assisting in the implementation of security, licensing and data protection policies and practice, in line with United Learning guidance
- To help ensure the network is secure at all times and that staff and students have access only to appropriate areas of the network
- To help ensure up-to-date inventories of hardware, software and ICT resources are maintained, following up any issues that may arise and helping to maintain the asset database
- Assist in installing software as directed by the ICT Network Manager
- Assist in maintaining printing services and arranging the callout of engineers and supervising their work
- Helping maintain and troubleshoot problems with Interactive Boards and Projectors
- To help ensure the availability of ICT resources as required and wherever possible, moving and reinstalling equipment and recording the issue and return of any equipment
- To help provide support for all hardware and software, arranging the callout of engineers and supervising their work
- To help set up new and remove old users and groups from the network and e-mail databases
- To be familiar with all United Learning ICT policies and to help ensure practice is implemented fully
- To help the team in supporting Academy events as required (inside core hours)
- To help carry out any other relevant duties as may occasionally be required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
During this apprenticeship, you will follow a fully supported training programme with The Apprentice and Training Partnership, delivered through combined weekly remote classroom-based training, workplace assessment/training and online learning working towards completing the Information Communications Technician standard.
The training covers the following core occupational duties:
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
During this apprenticeship, you will follow a fully supported training programme with The Apprentice and Training Partnership, delivered through combined classroom-based training, workplace assessment/training and online learning, at the end of which you will have the ability to work as an ICT Support Technician.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade 4 (C)) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
TECHNICAL PROFESSIONALS LIMITED
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.