Working towards a level 2 early years practitioner qualification. Providing a high standard of care for children in the setting using the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) program to meet the needs of the children.
Closing date: 09 Feb 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.0
Possible start date
10 Feb 2023
10 Jan 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Main Duties will include:
- Help plan, organise, supervise, and carry out an interesting and stimulating range of activities, taking into account the ages and abilities of the children using the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
- To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff, which is acquired as part of the work
- To be aware of and adhere to all the setting’s operational policies and procedures, e.g. health and safety, fire precautions, dropping off and collection of children, food safety, cleanliness of the setting
Support the managers and other staff in the daily running of the nursery
- Take an active part in story-telling, songs and rhymes, music and movement, and outside activities
- Attend training days as required
- Help supervise children at mealtimes and rest times
- Ensure that there is no discrimination in the nursery due to disability, race, or religion
- Encourage children from ethnic minority groups to maintain their cultural identities
- Inform the nursery managers or senior staff of any accident or injury within the nursery
- Inform the nursery managers of any suspicion of non-accidental injury or child protection issue
- Help keep equipment and play areas in good order
Assist with cleaning duties, prepare and serve tea for the children (on a rota), taking responsibility with other staff for hygiene and cleanliness
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 1 or Level 2 Functional Skills qualifications in maths and English (if not already achieved)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Progression to Early Years Educator Level 3
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3) Desired
About the employer
FUNKIDS NURSERIES LTD
SUTTON AND DISTRICT TRAINING LIMITED
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.