Level 3 Outdoor Instructor Apprenticeship Horseshoe Lake Activity Centre
Looking for a fantastic opportunity to become an outdoor activity instructor? In partnership with Locomotivation, we are offering the opportunity to spend 18 months here at Horseshoe Lake, learning how to become an instructor in one of the most rewarding industries around. A standard working week will comprise of time on the water with groups, whether it be running a course, taster session or birthday party.
Closing date: 28 Feb 2023
For the first 12 month you will be on apprentice wage, and for your second season with us, this will increase to at least minimum wage, however it is likely to be more than this.
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
26 Mar 2023
11 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- A standard working week will comprise of time on the water with groups, whether it be running a course, taster session or birthday party
- Alongside time on the water there will be land-based activities, such as climbing
- Outside of running sessions, you may spend time lifeguarding our open water swimming sessions, or working on the beach area running our casual hire, and greeting customers who are bringing their own equipment
- There is always likely to be maintenance to be done or cleaning
- There will of course be time set aside for you to complete any of your studying.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Outdoor Activity Instructor
- National Governing Body Qualifications such as RYA and British Canoeing.
- First Aid
All training will take place at Horseshoe Lake, Sandhurst, being delivered both online and via in-person workshops.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
A long career in the outdoor instructional industry, with opportunities to work and teach all over the world. In your second season with us, alongside your training you will be acting as a fully qualified member of our team and your wage after 2 months will reflect this.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C or 4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Outdoor activity instructor
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.