North Kent Timber are looking to recruit a Warehouse Apprentice to carry out various tasks. The apprentice would be working in our warehouse team, under the supervision of the Warehouse Manager. You will be dealing with customers collecting orders and processing paperwork.
Closing date: 12 Feb 2023
£5.50 per hour and lunch break is paid for.
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
20 Feb 2023
10 Jan 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Picking and checking off orders
- Packing / palletising orders for despatch
- Dealing with customers collecting orders and processing paperwork
- Unloading, checking and putting away deliveries from suppliers
- Helping with stock control and stocktaking
- Maintaining a clean and safe working environment
- Moving stock to machine area for cutting
- Use of saws (full training to be given)
- Rotating of stock
The employer will provide training on:
- Warehouse management
- Stock rotation
- Receiving deliveries
- Dealing with paperwork relating to deliveries / collections
- Loading and unloading vehicles
- Packing courier parcels for collection
- Maintaining a safe and clean working environment
- Use of machinery
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The Level 2 Supply Chain Warehouse Operative apprenticeship standard provides the foundation knowledge, skills and experience for the role of qualified Warehouse Operative.
Apprentices will learn warehouse practices including taking deliveries, checking for damaged / missing items, storing goods, moving stock by various methods, picking / packing orders, loading goods for dispatch, maintaining stock records and documentation and housekeeping.
The delivery of this Apprenticeship Standard will be delivered over a combination of virtual and face to face visits that equate to monthly contact with a dedicated Trainer to develop the Apprentice’s skills to prepare for End Point Assessment.
Throughout the process, Apprentices will undergo regular testing of underpinning knowledge through assessment and observations which will also require employer involvement at review stages and at the end of this qualification when reaching EPA.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There are many career development opportunities within North Kent Timber, and we always prefer to promote from within.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
NORTH KENT TIMBER LTD
IPS INTERNATIONAL LIMITED
Supply chain warehouse operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.