Trade Supplier /Sales Apprentice (Stoke on Trent ST4 6JQ) EDA LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT LIMITED
A Trade Supplier Apprentice is required for a leading electrical wholesaler. The candidate will start in the warehouse and learn all the products and the warehouse management and then move onto sales counter and sales office. Fantastic career progression opportunity for the right candidate. Some occasional driving may be necessary.
Closing date: 20 Feb 2023
11,544.00 - £22,776.00 per year
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
28 Feb 2023
10 Jan 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Harding Electrical (part of Edmundson)
- Edmundson Electrical Ltd is a privately held electrical distribution company headquartered in Knutsford, Cheshire, incorporated in 1991. It is the largest electrical distributor in the United Kingdom and serves both to the trade and to the public from over 300 locations
What is an Electrical Wholesaler?
Electrical wholesalers sell the products we all use in our homes, businesses, entertainment venues, cafes that give us access to electricity – from lighting our homes through to floodlighting a football match, from recharging a mobile phone to recharging an electric vehicle. The products you will be working with are used in domestic, industrial, and commercial settings, and are installed by contractors and electricians.
After full training responsibilities will include:
- Some occasional delivery driving maybe needed
- Managing stock in and out (to external clients)
- Picking and packing
- Store transfers & stock control
- Completing the paperwork within the office
- Raising quotations
- Trade counter
- Sales calls
- Processing orders
- Answering the telephone
Some heavy lifting will be involved with loading and unloading the vans.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Completing a Trade Supply Apprenticeship Level 2, consisting of:
- Knowledge and Competence qualification in Trade Supplier at Level 2
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
- End point assessment - Final test and observation
The vocational and academic training aspects are separated and delivered by separate teams. The vocational training and assessment is conducted, more often than not, on-site according to the employers wishes.
Notice of dates is agreed well in advance of a site visit. Training and assessment is conducted both on and off the job, according to the needs of the course and the learner. Every effort is made to ensure the best result is achieved by the learner.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Fantastic prospects for the candidates with lots of development potential
Opportunities that could arise after the apprenticeship are:
- Sales Team Member
- Counter Sales
- Warehouse Supervisor
- Sales Rep
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4-9) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
ASTON RECRUITMENT & TRAINING LIMITED
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.