Level 2 Community Activator Coach Standard Apprenticeship COTTESBROOKE INFANT & NURSERY SCHOOL
Work under the direction of a senior member of staff to promote physicality for the children of the school working with children aged 3-7. Work with small groups and individuals promoting physical activity and play skills. Work alongside class teachers to support children during curriculum PE lessons. Lead play and sport at playtime and lunchtime.
Closing date: 06 Feb 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.0
Possible start date
20 Feb 2023
11 Jan 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To coach sport and recreation activities assigned by the responsible senior staff member
- To plan structured coaching sessions appropriate to the pupils
- To ensure that the activity within each session offers progressive development towards defined goals, particularly those related to the national Curriculum requirements
- To deliver sport and recreation activities that take place in a safe environment with due regard to Health and Safety recommendations
- To demonstrate knowledge of accident, incident, and emergency procedures
- To report accidents and incidents
- To be responsible for the collection and care of sports equipment
- To ensure equity in sport and promote fair play
- To promote the work and image of sport in the school by always maintaining high standards of personal appearance and adopting a friendly, professional approach to the public
- To liaise with the PE lead regarding delivery of Curriculum PE during KS1 PPA activities
- To promote the health and gross motor skills of selected children and to monitor the impact of any interventions, providing the class teachers / SENDCo with feedback
- To support and promote gross motor skills in EYFS feeding back to the class teachers as necessary
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Community Activator Coach Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 2 Certificate in Supporting the Learning in PE and School Sport (Added Qual)
- Bespoke training programme that meets the standard criteria and is suitable to the employer and the requirements for the role
- OCR Functional Skills Level 2 in English and Maths (if necessary)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential to be employed by the school as a Sports Coach (level 2).
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 (C) or above) Desired
GCSE or equivalent PE (Grade 4 (C) or above) Desired
NVQ or SVQ Level 2 or equivalent Sports Coaching Qualification (Grade Pass) Desired
About the employer
SPORT STRUCTURES EDUCATION COMMUNITY INTEREST COMPANY
Community activator coach
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.