Apprentice Business Administrator in GP Surgery (Orchard Court) Orchard Court Surgery
Another great opportunity to work in a local busy doctor’s surgery, assisting with reception and administration duties across all departments of the surgery. Full apprenticeship and role training will be provided for this exciting position in this fast-moving practice, working towards a Level 3 Business Administrator qualification.
Closing date: 28 Feb 2023
Total hours per week: 32.0
Possible start date
06 Mar 2023
10 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The duties and responsibilities to be undertaken may include any or all the items in the following list. Duties may be varied from time to time under the direction of the manager, dependent on current and evolving workloads and staffing levels:
Duties of the post:
- Covering reception, meeting, and greeting patients
- Taking telephone queries and booking of appointments
- Working in the admin office within the staff team on a rotation basis, under the guidance of the Reception Manager
- Logging a variety of information into patient records using a purpose-built clinical system
- Provide a confidential, efficient, timely and accurate administration service
- Using Excel and Word to perform specific tasks set by the Operations Manager
- Scanning incoming correspondence into patients’ electronic records via the clinical system
- Providing general administrative support such as filing, photocopying, and general letters and any other duties appropriate to the role
- Sorting incoming post
- Working in the reception office within the staff team on a rotation basis, under the guidance of the Reception Manager
- Logging patient arrivals, booking appointments, and utilising the full range of services provided with the electronic appointments system (training will be provided)
- Dealing with patients face-to-face in a professional manner.
- Calling patients with reminders/results, etc.
- Contacting patients by e-mail/letter with reminders/results
This list is not exhaustive, and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the Management Team which are relevant to your role within the company to meet the overall business needs. The role will evolve as time and duties progress.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Training will be provided to achieve the following qualifications:
- Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills Level 2 in maths and English (if required)
Training will take place weekly, on a day release basis, at Darlington Borough Council Learning & Skills training centre (DL1 5AJ). Here you will develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours to ensure these exceed the minimum requirements for the Business Administrator Level 3 apprenticeship standards.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Level 3 Team Leader Apprenticeship
- Possible progression on to further training or into full time employment
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade 4+ (C+)) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
DARLINGTON BOROUGH COUNCIL
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.