To work under the instruction/guidance of teaching/senior staff to undertake work/care/support programmes, to enable access to learning for pupils and to assist the teacher in the management of pupils and the classroom. Work may be carried out in the classroom or outside the main teaching area, for specified periods of time.
Closing date: 28 Feb 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
01 Mar 2023
09 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Support for Pupils:
- Use specialist (curricular/learning) skills/training/experience to support pupils and enhance their learning and so progress
- Assist with the development and implementation of intervention or specialist care plan
- Establish productive working relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and setting high expectations
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils within the classroom
- Support pupils consistently whilst recognising and responding to their individual needs
- Encourage pupils to interact and work co-operatively with others and engage all pupils in activities
- Promote independence and employ strategies to recognise and reward achievement of self-reliance
- Set challenging and demanding expectations and promote self-esteem and independence
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to progress and achievement under guidance of the teacher
- Deliver pastoral and learning support
- To deal with minor incidents and the health and hygiene of the children and where necessary, contact parents to collect
- To read with individual children and groups and complete reading records as directed by the class teacher
- To work with groups of children and to take responsibility for their learning
Support for the Teacher:
- Create and maintain a purposeful, orderly and supportive learning environment, in accordance with lesson plans and assist with the display of pupils’ work
- Assist with the planning of focussed learning activities
- Monitor pupils’ responses to learning activities and accurately record achievement/progress as directed
- Promote excellent pupil behaviour, dealing promptly with conflict and incidents in line with established policy and encourage pupils to take responsibility for their own behaviour
- To establish and maintain constructive relationships with parents/carers by supporting their role in pupils’ learning; providing constructive feedback on pupils’ progress and achievements; facilitating their support for their child’s attendance; support home to school/community links
- Provide clerical/admin, support e.g. photocopying, typing, filing, printing, money, administer coursework etc.
- To work with small groups of children and to take responsibility for their learning
Support for the Curriculum:
- Undertake structured and agreed learning activities/teaching programmes, adjusting activities according to pupil responses
- Support the use of PT in learning activities and develop pupils’ competence and independence in its use
- Prepare, maintain, and use equipment/resources required to meet the lesson plans/relevant learning activity and assist pupils in their use
- Actively participate in Flourish in order to identify and agree development and training needs
- Within your contracted hours, undertake training as identified through Flourish, as may be required
- Within your contracted hours, attend inset days, staff training and other meetings as required
- Be aware of the learning and physical needs of the pupils you are supporting
- Respect the confidentiality of pupils’ information and respond sensitively to pupils’ need providing assistance with pupils’ care and welfare and with the learning activities undertaken
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Teaching Assistant apprenticeship standard
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possible full-time employment considered on completion of apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
LET ME PLAY LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.