Health and Smile Dental Practice are looking for a hardworking, determined individual to join their team. The successful candidate will work towards gaining a Level 3 Dental Nurse qualification. The role will involve preparing fillings and other materials, as well as providing support and reassurance to the patient.
Closing date: 06 Mar 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
12 Mar 2023
11 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
• Preparing fillings and other materials.
• Providing support and reassurance to the patient.
• Sterilising instruments.
• Processing x-rays.
• Tidying and cleaning the dental surgery.
• Recording information about patients.
• Advising patients on oral hygiene.
• Carrying out stock control.
• a high level of manual dexterity (be good with your hands)
• good eyesight.
• good physical health.
• a friendly and sympathetic approach with a calm, confident and reassuring manner.
• an ability to relate well to a wide range of people.
• good communication skills.
• good IT skills.
Dental Assistant Administrative Tasks:
• Answering phones and scheduling appointments.
• Updating and maintaining patient dental records.
• Overseeing patient check-in procedures.
• Coding and preparing insurance forms.
• Scheduling referral and testing appointments.
• General office administration.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Gain Level 3 Dental Nurse qualification which has been approved by the General Dental Council as meeting the requirements for entry to the professional register as a dental nurse
- Day release at Middlesbrough College
- 1 day per week day release
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Completion of the apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
CHAWLA PROFESSIONAL SERVICES LTD
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.