A pharmacy based in Dewsbury are hoping to recruit a hard-working and determined candidate to work within their small team of qualified professionals, as an Apprentice Pharmacy Assistant. The role will involve supporting with patient consultations and dispensing medicine (after training). Potential progression to the L3 technician after.
Closing date: 05 Feb 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
13 Feb 2023
09 Jan 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties to include:
- Support with patient consultations
- Dispensing medicine (after training)
- General admin
- Dealing with counter and phone enquiries
- Use of the computer and the pharmacy specific software
- Checking off and unpacking orders
- Stock management
- Date checking of stock
- Processing NHS prescriptions
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Pharmacy services assistant apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 functional skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point assessment (EPA)
- In-house training provided by employer
- GPHC approved Dispensing and MCA qualification
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Full-time permanent role for the right person or further potential for other training such as a Level 3 Pharmacy Technician apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3/D) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
WOODSPEEN TRAINING LIMITED
Pharmacy services assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.