Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprentice at Wembdon Sunshiners Pre-School, Bridgwater WEMBDON SUNSHINERS UNDER-FIVES
We are looking to recruit an Early Years Apprentice to work alongside a small team providing stimulating activities for children and to create a fun learning environment that children want to explore and learn in. You will be expected to communicate with both children and adults appropriately and build relationships with them and their families.
Closing date: 15 Feb 2023
Total hours per week: 28
Possible start date
22 Feb 2023
09 Jan 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Role and responsibilities:
- To act as a key person to a small group children. Liaising closely with parents/carers to develop an effective partnership and to ensure individual needs are met
- Ensure the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) is promoted and delivered within the setting and the principles adhered to.
- To safeguard all children in the pre-school. Ensuring mandatory training is completed and knowledge refreshed annually
- Ensure that each child is working towards learning outcomes (next steps), while monitoring the effectiveness of the pre-school curriculum through regular observations and assessments
- Working in partnership with the Pre-school Manager and Deputy Manager to deliver the daily routine of pre-school activities and events, whilst ensuring high standards of care are met
- Ensure children’s records are written properly and accurately. As well as other records such as, registers of attendance, observational check points, 2 year checks and accident/incident forms
- Maintain high standards of hygiene and consistently implement safety procedures
- Ensure the safety of the Pre-school environment. Monitor safety of equipment, informing the Pre-school Manager and Deputy Managers of equipment that needs attention
- Offer appropriate stimulation and support to the children
- Proactively build good working relationships with colleagues
- Committed to working in partnership with parents/carers to ensure effective communication of the Pre-school and the curriculum; to exchange information about children’s progress and encourage parent’s involvement
- To attend and assist in the preparation of activities out of contracted hours, including parent consultations, child summaries, child induction mornings, committee meetings and inset days
- To ensure continued professional development through training, regular supervisions with the Pre-school Manager and have an annual appraisal
- To undertake any other Pre-School duties and responsibilities as and when required by the Pre-school Manager and/or Deputy Manager or Committee
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner
- Functional Skills in English and maths if required
- End Point Assessment – Knowledge Test and Professional
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There are opportunities for career progression in specialist subjects.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
SOMERSET SKILLS & LEARNING CIC
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.