Treetops Day Nursery, in Haywards Heath are looking for three Level 2 Apprentice to join the team. You will provide a stimulating and varied programme of play and learning opportunities and support the work of the nursery by helping to create an environment that promotes open and equal opportunities for children and adults.
Closing date: 06 Mar 2023
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
12 Mar 2023
08 Jan 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
You will learn how to complete the following tasks, plus more during your apprenticeship:
- To provide a stimulating and varied programme of play and learning opportunities.
- To support the work of the nursery by helping to create an environment that promotes open and equal opportunities for children and adults.
- To maintain strict confidentiality in all matters relating to the children and their families and to staff and volunteers.
- To ensure the group operates according to all policies in force and at all times.
- To ensure the safety and well-being of the children.
- To undertake a key worker role with specific children, including SEN children when required.
- To keep up to date with safeguarding policy and actively support the designated safeguarding officers to provide a robustly safe environment for children, staff and volunteers and report any concerns in a timely manner.
- To keep up to date with first aid knowledge and training and attend refresher training when required.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
At the end of the apprenticeship you will receive a certificate for the Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship, with a grade pass or distinction. In addition to this, if you don't have maths and English GCSEs, at grade C/4 or above, Level 2 Functional Skills or equivalent then it will be a requirement to complete Functional Skills alongside the apprenticeship. We will start you off on Level 1 and try and upskill you to Level 2.
6 hours per week will be spent on off-the-job training. Off-the-job training is where you learn new skills, knowledge and behaviours relevant to the apprenticeship. Training is anything relevant to the job role including meetings with your assessor, written work, shadowing, being mentored, assessments, work on your portfolio and much more. This training will be completed during your working hours and you will be paid for it.
The employer will provide training on descriptions of daily routines, Safeguarding, days and hours of work /pay, who to report to, fire exits and first aid procedures.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
If you complete the Level 2 apprenticeship you may progress on to the Level 3 Apprenticeship. The nursery is looking for apprentices that wish to stay with the nursery longer term.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Treetops Day Nursery
EAST SUSSEX COLLEGE GROUP
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.