Apprentice Teaching Assistant - Kingsnorth CEP School The Diocese of Canterbury Academies Trust
Apprentice Teaching Assistant required to work with Key Stage 2 (Year 5/6) class teachers to raise the learning and attainment of pupils, promote pupils’ independence, self-esteem and social inclusion, give support to pupils, individually or in groups and to plan, deliver, resource, assess and report on the interventions.
Closing date: 20 Feb 2023
Please note that this is a term time only position (39 weeks per year), so you will receive a pro-rata amount of the advertised annual salary.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 32.5
Possible start date
27 Feb 2023
06 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Main purpose of role:
- Work with KS2 (Year 5/6) class teachers to raise the learning and attainment of pupils
- Promote pupils’ independence, self-esteem and social inclusion while supporting pupil behaviour and personal care needs
- Give support to pupils, individually or in groups, so they can access the curriculum, take part in learning, and experience a sense of achievement
- To plan, deliver, resource, assess and report on the interventions, ensuring high impact on pupil progress and enabling pupils to achieve their potential
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Teaching Assistant apprenticeship standard
- English and maths functional skills at level 2 if required
- Preparation for End Point Assessment
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential permanent employment.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
About the employer
PROFILE DEVELOPMENT AND TRAINING LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.