Undertaking a four year programme of development, year one of your apprenticeship training will be based at Gloucestershire Engineering Training, where you will concentrate on acquiring the basic practical mechanical engineering skills & achievement of NVQ Diploma at Level 2. You will also undertake year one of your Technical Certificate programme.
Closing date: 24 Mar 2023
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
11 Sep 2023
10 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Attend Gloucestershire Engineering Training for first year to acquire basic foundation engineering skills
- Assist and work under the guidance of skilled Craft and Engineers in carrying out the manufacture of diesel fuel injectors and their components during years 2-4 at our Stonehouse plant.
- Participate in the Level Three Advanced Apprenticeship programme, undertaking a National Vocational Qualification and a Technical Certificate qualification
- Ensure all academic work is kept up to date in accordance with the apprenticeship requirements set out by your G.E.T. review officer
- Liaison with Borg Warner Technologies Talent Development Manager with regard to all training issues
- Participation in all training initiatives specific to the post holder’s duties
- Undertake work with increasing independence as the apprenticeship and skill set progresses
- Undertake such duties as may be reasonably requested by senior management
- Take reasonable care of their own and others safety, to co-operate with managers/craft/engineers in complying with statutory health and safety duties; to report incidents, accidents, faults, etc.
- To participate in departmental team activities
- Successfully complete the End Point Assessment element of the Apprenticeship Standard
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Engineering Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
- Level 2 competence qualification
- Level 3 competence qualification
- Level 3 knowledge qualification
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- This apprenticeship will be the first stage of your journey, and the start of an exciting and rewarding career in engineering
- You will earn as you learn and be employed by a successful and expanding multi-national company
- Upon successful completion of your apprenticeship, and subject to full consideration of abilities, aptitude and academic results, it is expected that you will be offered a permanent position as a Manufacturing Craft on shift within the company
This will see you permanently join a highly skilled manufacturing department within the factory, where you will assume responsibility for a suite of technologically advanced production lines, their quality and the achievement of all output targets. It is also expected that as part of a growing business, there will be opportunities for further career development post-apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4-9 or C and above) Essential
About the employer
BORGWARNER TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED
GLOUCESTERSHIRE ENGINEERING TRAINING LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.