Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship at Watery Lane Preschool, Minehead WATERY LANE PLAYGROUP
We are recruiting now for a Level 3 Early Years Apprentice to join our outstanding preschool. If you have recently completed a level 2 in Early Years or are looking to embark on a level 3 apprenticeship, this could be the role for you! You will be supporting the work and beliefs of the Preschool by helping to create an environment that promotes open and equal opportunities for children.
Closing date: 15 Feb 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
22 Feb 2023
10 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
During this role your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Engaging and interacting with children to promote their learning and development
- Supporting the work and beliefs of the Preschool by helping to create an environment that promotes open and equal opportunities for children
- Maintaining records of key children (when appropriate)
- Checking and implementing rota for activities and daily plans for deployment, activity objectives and special activities
- Helping to set up activities
- Being prepared to help when other areas of the Preschool may be short-staffed, or with domestic duties or other duties as specified by the Preschool Manager
As part of the apprenticeship you will also look closely at:
- Ensuring high levels of safety are maintained
- Ensuring that any information concerning children and families is kept confidential at all times
- Having an awareness and understanding of the Preschool’s policies and their implementation
This role may be closed early if a sufficient number of applications are received.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Early Years Educator apprenticeship standard:
- Level 3 Early Years Educator qualification
- First Aid
- Functional Skills in English and maths if required
- End Point Assessment – Knowledge Test and Professional Discussion
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possibility of ongoing employment.
Foundation Degree in Early Childhood Studies.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
SOMERSET SKILLS & LEARNING CIC
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.