Heritage Engineering Technician Apprenticeship (Mechanical – Classic Vehicle restoration) MOTORVATION
This Mechanical Heritage Engineering Apprenticeship vacancy offers a unique opportunity to work with a team of specialist engineers. The successful applicant will assist with the repair, restoration, classic race/rally car preparation and preservation of all marques of classic vehicles including Alfa Romeo, Jaguar, Datsun and Triumph.
Closing date: 03 Mar 2023
£5.00/hour - Applicant’s age, experience and qualifications vary; therefore, the starting salary may vary based on these factors.
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
06 Mar 2023
07 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
This apprenticeship combines old-school engineering with cutting-edge technology.
- You will assist highly skilled engineers with preservation, maintenance and restoration of a broad range of classic vehicles
- You will be taught about the history and development of vehicles, components and materials, servicing and tuning, transmissions and drivetrains, chassis, suspension, steering, braking and electrics
- It also includes Technical Drawing, welding, business studies and advanced diagnostics
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- The ‘HET Level 3 Apprenticeship’ is a nationally recognised qualification delivered by ‘HSA’ from its Mechanical Academy based at ‘Bicester Heritage’ in Oxfordshire.
- Delivered over 42 months on a block release basis, you will attend your academy on average every 5 weeks for a 5-day block of training running from Monday to Friday, the remaining 80% of the time you will be working with your employer. If required, your employer will cover the accommodation and travel costs
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- On completion of the programme, you will be qualified as a Heritage Engineering Technician
- Employment with Motorvation after completion of the apprenticeship is not guaranteed but very likely, subject to performance and a position being available
- The classic vehicle industry is thriving and the companies that HSA work with are world-class
- Prospects for progression range from specialist technical roles to management positions and international work opportunities
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
HERITAGE SKILLS ACADEMY LIMITED
Heritage engineering technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.