Admin Assistant Apprentice for Purchasing Department JANUS INT EUROPE LTD
Janus International are looking for an apprentice to join their Peterlee site, to assist with the administration aspects of the Purchasing department. You will work with customers and suppliers, dealing with orders, invoices and maintaining records, along with many other duties. There is an opportunity of a long-term career for the right person.
Closing date: 14 Feb 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
20 Feb 2023
05 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Responsibilities and duties for the role will include:
- To raise and maintain timely and accurate purchase orders for indirect items
- Raise orders for stock items as instructed by the Purchasing Coordinator or Purchasing Manager
- To monitor and manage any open POs and update accordingly
- To chase and manage back orders with suppliers
- To accurately record all incoming goods into NAV
- To check incoming delivery notes against purchase orders to ensure the value and quantity match, as well as manage any differences
- To scan and file all delivery notes and related documentation
- To maintain the accurate recording of new and existing preferred suppliers list in NAV
- To assist in the co-ordination and sourcing of cost-effective and high-quality suppliers
- To produce any ad-hoc reports required
- To assist the Purchasing Manager with any additional tasks as required
- To provide holiday or sickness cover for absent team members where appropriate
Key attributes/skills and qualifications:
- Ability to communicate effectively and liaise with the factory, logistics team and finance department
- To be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Thorough attention to detail
- Analytical thinking skills
- Ability to be flexible and open to changes
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship standard:
- Preparation for End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Maths and English upskill as where required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possibility of permanent employment and career progression for the right candidate.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
EAST DURHAM COLLEGE
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.