IT Technician Apprentice Windsor Forest Colleges Group
This is an entry level position in an exciting College group where a successful candidate can get experience in a range of IT support and systems. As this is a position in education there will be opportunities to learn a range of software and hardware as the courses we teach, mean we have to ensure that they are constantly running and updated.
Closing date: 28 Apr 2023
Salary ranges between £13,177.06- £18,328.26
Monday - Thursday, 8:30am - 5:00pm and Friday, 8:30am - 4:30pm.
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
08 May 2023
05 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
This is first line support role in IT, duties will include:
- You will be providing support to staff and students on a range of IT hardware and software
- You will also be involved in installation, maintenance and upgrades for software and hardware that we support
- You will also assist in events which means there will be training on some audio-visual equipment also
- You will be required to provide support for events and exams outside the normal working hours which means there is a requirement for some flexibility with work
- There will also be a range of opportunities to get involved in projects and learn about servers, networking and other IT systems from planning, implementation though to maintenance
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Information Communications Technician
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
On completion of the apprenticeship, the successful candidate will progress onto a level 4 programme in IT.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Windsor Forest Colleges Group
THE WINDSOR FOREST COLLEGES GROUP
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.