We are looking to recruit two Apprentice Groundworkers to join our existing team. Works will include constructing roads, pathways and installing drainage, manholes and concreting and trenching.
Closing date: 05 Mar 2023
£10,630.10 to £20,995.00
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 42.5
(the hours are based on the candidate being over 18)
Possible start date
03 Jul 2023
06 Jan 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Assisting in clearing and preparing site for construction work to commence
- Setting out using basic setting out equipment including levels and tape measures
- Installation and testing of drainage systems
- Preparation of footings
- Interpretation of plans and drawings
- Laying, levelling and finishing concrete for foundations and floors
- Laying kerbs, channels and pathways
- Use and maintain power tools and equipment
- General labouring duties
- Keeping the work area clean and tidy
- Comply with all Health and Safety legislation
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- The apprentice will achieve a Level 2 Groundworker Apprenticeship Standard qualification
- Training will be delivered on site and also at the National Construction College, Kings Lynn
- Attendance will be on a block release format as determined by the college and the apprentice is expected to reside during these periods of training at National Construction College, Kings Lynn
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Lead Groundworker
- Groundwork Supervisor
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3) Essential
Other CSCS (Grade Pass) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.