Lighthouse (UK) Ltd are offering an exciting IT/Technical Apprenticeship opportunity based at our branch in Loughborough. This is a position which offers genuine career progression within the ever-expanding Lighthouse (UK) Ltd group. There will be extensive on-the-job training provided, coupled with any external training as required. The role will involve machine repair and maintenance for our UK customers, international dealer network and within the business.
Closing date: 16 Feb 2023
We have high standards, but also offer the higher rate of £250 per week. Ongoing training and support in all areas of the business. Spend time in Production, Accounts, Sales and Technical departments.
Total hours per week: 36.25
Possible start date
01 Mar 2023
05 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The job role will entail:
- Machine repair and maintenance for our UK customers, international dealer network and within the business
- Software and systems installations mainly conducted over the phone for our customers
- Testing and preparation of all UK and international dealer machines
- Material testing for our Production Department
- Provide technical support to our UK customers, international dealers and internal staff
- Supporting the development of new systems to improve and expand our product range
- Dealing with customer queries via email and telephone, providing helpful guidance on the best solution for them
- Undertake administration duties using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and the Internet
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Information & Communications Technician level 3
- Functional skills if required
- Our delivery model includes a 1 day per week college attendance for training and development of skills, knowledge and behaviours and 1:1 support from your trainer assessor in the workplace and will include assignments, work-based company projects and self-study.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The opportunity to gain a permanent position. Many of our previous apprentices have progressed to full-time employment with Lighthouse.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent IT/ Computer Science (Grade Grade C / 4 or equivalent/Pass) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.