Telford Infant School has an exciting new opportunity for an Apprentice Administration Assistant. We are offering on the job training with lots of support and guidance, to improve your administrative skills. You will work in a busy office where no day is the same.
Closing date: 26 Feb 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
03 Mar 2023
05 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties to include:
- Dealing with queries from parents and carers, face to face and by telephone
- Dealing with emails
- Inputting data onto computer systems
- Interacting with the staff and pupils across the schools
- General office work including paperwork, filing, shredding and photocopying
- Other duties not elsewhere specified as required
The successful candidate will:
- Able to communicate and exchange information, verbally and in writing, with a range of audiences
- Can undertake straightforward calculations, maintain records and read and write messages and instructions
- Competent in use of software and office equipment
- Can operate a computer and have sound work processing skills
- Able to undertake routine work or work within established procedures but without close supervision
- Can solve straightforward problems
- Able to make some decisions involving the use of judgement.Can maintain confidentiality at all times – recognises privileged position with access to pupil, parent and staff information
- Understands the need for professional relationships within the school
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Business Administration Standard
- Functional skills in maths and English if required
- 5 day courses with HOET
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potentially a permanent role at the end of apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
HEART OF ENGLAND TRAINING LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.