Manufacturing Apprentice CHURCHILL CHINA (UK) LIMITED
An opportunity to work for one of Staffordshire's leading manufacturers in the Ceramic industry. Churchill China is experiencing growth and is expanding. It intends to offer applicants thorough training in Lean Manufacturing Principles with a chance to specialise in a variety of areas across the company. Career prospects are excellent.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2023
Wages will be £5.79 p/h and will increase to £6.71 after 3 months of good performance. Permanent role and age appropriate salary on completion of the apprenticeship.
Monday to Friday (Hours will vary across each department). Shifts TBC.
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
01 Jul 2023
04 Jan 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Work as part of a team in the one of the 5 departments - Flat Making, Cup Making, Casting, Underglaze Printing, Stonecast Painting & Glazing
- Develop your skills across the board
- Apply efficient ways of working to improve productivity
- Work as a team to meet individual and company targets
- Be responsible for the maintenance of your own work station
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Lean Manufacturing Operative Apprenticeship Standard Level 2
- EAL Level 2 Diploma in Manufacturing
- Functional Skills Level 1, work towards Level 2
- Training from mentor and in house training from Axia every 6 weeks
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Permanent post with Churchill
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Desired
About the employer
CHURCHILL CHINA (UK) LIMITED
No.1 Marlborough Way
AXIA SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Lean manufacturing operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.