An amazing opportunity to work under the direction and instruction of senior staff, to provide general clerical, administrative and financial support to Burton Manor Primary School. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to earn a salary and gain a level 2 qualification.
Closing date: 12 Feb 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
20 Feb 2023
04 Jan 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Support to Pupils, Parents and the Community:
- Undertake reception duties, answer routine telephone and face to face enquiries and sign in visitors.
- Assist with pupil welfare duties; liaise with parents/staff etc.
- Assist with arrangements for visits from relevant external bodies, e.g. school nurse, photographer etc.
Support to Organisation:
- Provide routine clerical support, e.g. photocopying, filing, faxing, emailing and completing routine forms.
- Maintain manual and computerised records/management information systems and respond to queries.
- Undertake routine typing, word-processing on an ad hoc basis
Sort and distribute and record mail.
- Undertake routine administration, e.g. registers/school meals.
- Assist with arrangements for visits from County Council officers and external agencies, e.g. Social Services.
- Operate office equipment e.g. photocopier, computer.
- Arrange orderly and secure storage of supplies.
- Undertake routine financial administration e.g. collect and record dinner money.
- Basic first aid.
Support to School (this list is not exhaustive and should reflect the ethos of the school)
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young persons you are responsible for or come into contact with.
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
- Be aware of, support and ensure equal opportunities for all.
- Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school.
- Appreciate and support the role of other professionals.
- Attend and participate in relevant meetings as required.
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Standard.
- You will spend four days a week in the work place and one day a week at Stafford College as your 'study day'.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon successful completion of your apprenticeship you will have the opportunity to apply for any appropriate vacancy available at that time. It is our firm commitment to offer a permanent position wherever possible upon completion of your level 2.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
NEWCASTLE AND STAFFORD COLLEGES GROUP
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.