Laboratory Technician Apprentice THE BINDING SITE GROUP LIMITED
Would you like to earn while you learn and work for a successful and growing organisation that is improving patient’s lives worldwide? Do you want to make a difference? If the answer is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for! We are now seeking ambitious individuals who are passionate about science.
Closing date: today
Total hours per week: 36.0
Possible start date
06 Feb 2023
06 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Under the guidance of their mentor, manager, colleagues and training provider, the successful candidate will be involved with various aspects of the laboratories, including:
- Testing all raw materials, prior to sending materials for dispensing and labelling
- Ensuring all materials conform to the required specifications
- Performing the Finished Performance Acceptance test, which checks the materials meet the final kit specification
- Using automated analysers
- Following daily schedules in order to complete work
- Use of controlled documentation
- Follow defined procedures to carry out tasks
- Filling in records to the expected standards
- Adhering to standard laboratory operations to ensure the workplace and equipment is safe and clean
- Good laboratory practices will always be followed
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Qualification: Level 3 Laboratory Technician Standard, may include a Level 3 BTEC Diploma in Applied Science dependent on candidate’s existing qualifications
- Location: Edgbaston, Birmingham
- Blended delivery incorporating on-line classes and face to face assessment in the workplace
- Inputs delivered one day per week
- Practical and exam sessions (approx. 4 x 3 day sessions during apprenticeship)
- Upon completion you will be able to gain your Registered Science Technician accreditation
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon completion of this apprenticeship, there may be the opportunity to apply for a permanent role at The Binding Site or to continue in your education.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade C/4 or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4 or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade C/4 or above) Essential
A Level or equivalent Science (Grade D/3 or above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
CSR SCIENTIFIC TRAINING LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.