Supply Procurement Apprentice EDA LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT LIMITED
Worcester Electrical Distribution are looking for a bright, ambitious individual to support the category team in developing an industry leading procurement function. As a Procurement Assistant you will be working closely with the team and Head of Procurement on both procurement and marketing related tasks.
Closing date: 28 Mar 2023
£10,004.80 to £19,760.00
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Monday - Friday, 8.00am - 5.00pm
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
01 Apr 2023
03 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
We are looking for a bright, ambitious individual to support the category team in developing an industry leading procurement function.
As a Procurement Assistant you will be working closely with the category team and Head of Procurement on both procurement and marketing related tasks, which will include:
- Analysing supplier/product data and financial results to provide insight and make recommendations for action based on findings
- Drafting supplier commercial agreements with the category managers and sending them out to suppliers for signature
- Attending supplier meetings with the category managers and Head of Procurement
- Liaising with the product data team and suppliers to ensure we have accurate and enriched product data
- Supporting the category team in the creation of marketing collateral for use by the store network
- Collection and management of supplier policy documentation
- Competitor analysis to support the setting of promotional pricing
- Management of the marketing calendar with support of the category managers and marketing team
- General office administration and other office duties as required
Would you be described as a bright, articulate and confident individual?
Does having the opportunity to take up a professional qualification and complete your CIPS (Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply) within this role appeal to you?
Do you have previous negotiating experience?
Are you looking for a long-term career and not just a job?
Worcester Electrical Distributors Ltd, one of the largest independent electrical wholesalers in the Midlands. With nearly 30 years of trading, we now have six branches, including our new trade counter in Worcester and our "Super branch" in Brierley Hill. These are conveniently located down the M5 corridor, servicing the Birmingham conurbation, through Worcestershire, Warwickshire, Gloucestershire, Herefordshire, and into the South Wales valleys. We are stockists of many market leading brands of motor control gear and industrial automation products, including ABB, Finder, Omron, Moeller, Telemecanique and Weidmuller. We also stock quality brands such as MK, BG and Fitzgerald for the electrical contractor. We offer free next day delivery to local areas and a range of other services, including lamp and tube recycling, energy saving surveys for lighting and power and personalised workware is also available.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Commercial procurement and supply (formerly Public sector commercial professional) Level 3 within the workplace
- Branch will allow you time to complete qualification within worktime onsite
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Our culture is to promote from within wherever possible, which ensures opportunities to progress are available to everyone who joins the company
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
EDA LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT LIMITED
Worcester Electrical Distribution
Unit L3 + L4 Blackpole east
ENCOMPASS CONSULTANCY LIMITED
Procurement and supply assistant
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.