Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship Dental Nursing Wollaton Road Dental Practice
Wollaton Road Dental Practice based in Wollaton are looking for a friendly and caring Dental Nurse to join their practice. This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate that is passionate about pursuing a career as a Dental Nurse.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2023
Monday-Thursday 9am-6pm Friday 9am-3pm
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
03 Jul 2023
27 Mar 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
If you are professional, confident and you are passionate about pursuing a career in the dental industry, this opportunity is not to be missed.
You will be working chairside with the dentist or dental hygienist, gaining all the skills and experience key to becoming a successful Dental Nurse.
Duties within the role include:
- Working chairside, with a dentist or hygienist in a busy dental practice.
- To ensure Health and Safety is adhered to at all times in surgery
- To be professional at all times.
- To ensure you have good communication at all times.
- To make patients feel at ease and comfortable at all times.
- To innovate ideas and initiate action to improve the overall. perception of the practice, ensuring its good name continues.
- To ensure all facilities are presented to the highest levels of cleanliness and comfort.
- To be aware of all Health & Safety issues within the practice, to constantly implement and assess procedures drawing attention to any unsafe practices.
- To make sure all parts of the practice are safe and secure when not in use.
- To cover duties of such other members of staff as required.
- To undertake any other duties as may be required to assist in the running of the Dental Practice.
- Portray a professional and positive image of the Dental Practice, wearing the uniform provided whilst on duty.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer's address. You will only need to attend college in Nottingham City Centre one day every 2 weeks for day release training. which is included in your paid working week.
Advanced Apprenticeship in Dental Nursing please note that this requires an End Point Assessment in the final 3 months by the awarding body.
More details on this apprenticeship in the link below: https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/dental-nurse/
Diploma Level 3 Dental Nursing
Functional Skills maths OR English Level 2 if required.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential of ongoing employment as a qualified dental nurse following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
Wollaton Road Dental Practice
206 WOLLATON ROAD
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.