Accounts Payable Apprentice HARMONY FIRE LIMITED
The role is suited to an ambitious person who is looking to gain broad experience in a versatile Finance role, working within a company that supports ambitious people to achieve great outcomes. The environment is very fast paced; therefore, the role requires excellent timekeeping and planning. Your role will include processing purchase ledger invoices, including matching invoices against purchase orders and resolving internal and external queries.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2023
Monday to Friday, 8.30am - 5.00pm, however we can be flexible.
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
01 Sep 2023
03 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Processing purchase ledger invoices, including matching invoices against purchase orders and resolving internal and external queries
- Reconciling supplier statements to the Purchase Ledger on Xero
- Keeping supplier accounts up to date and negotiating enhanced credit terms, settlement discounts and limits
- Assisting with the monthly bank reconciliations, following up any discrepancies that arise
- Producing end of month supplier payment runs and supplier remittances for payments made
- Processing employee expense claims and receipts
- Understand the balances on the debtors and creditors individual accounts, resolving any queries that arise
- Reviewing accounting entries at month to validate transactions have been posted in the correct ledgers
- Supporting the Credit Control and Sales Invoicing functions as required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The apprenticeship training is delivered through a combination of workplace learning and regular college attendance. This training will teach you the knowledge, skills and behaviours set out in the Assistant Accountant, Level 3 (A level) standard.
On completion the apprentice will receive and Assistant Accountant qualification. Functional Skills in maths and English may also be required depending on current level.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Harmony is at the forefront of modern business methodology and is offering a heavily performance orientated package with great opportunities for any enthusiastic individual who believes in hard work and achieving high levels of customer service.
If the apprenticeship is a success, there will be an opportunity for a full-time position.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
HARMONY FIRE LIMITED
Watercombe Ln, Watercombe Park
Lynx Trading Estate, Yeovil
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.