Engineering Technician Apprentice EXPLEO ENGINEERING UK LIMITED
Mechanical engineering apprenticeship with Expleo Engineering. We are a global engineering services company with offices based in Derby. Your role will include producing manufacturing drawings and releasing data following specific processes (don’t worry, we’ll train you in these).
Closing date: 23 Feb 2023
Average hourly rate of £5.56 during the first year
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
24 Feb 2023
03 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Expleo is a trusted partner for end-to-end, integrated engineering, quality services and management consulting for digital transformation. We help businesses harness unrelenting technological change to successfully deliver innovations that will help them gain a competitive advantage and improve the everyday lives of people around the globe.
Expleo have exciting opportunities for graduate developing engineers. Based in Expleo offices in Bamber Bridge, Derby, or Bristol you will be assigned to a major defence project, where your skills will be developed within mechanical engineering and 2D CAD draughting.
There are opportunities to move between different types of work, with strong performers given the chance to enter a rotation program to advance their personal development and progression on approximately six-monthly moves.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Producing manufacturing drawings and releasing data following specific processes (don’t worry, we’ll train you in these)
- Applying the correct processes, specifications procedures & techniques with support from specialist teams
- Interfacing with our UK based Team to understand technical issues / specifications and requirements
- Delivering quality work while keeping within project budgets & time constraints and potentially changing requirements
Due to the restricted nature of the work, suitable candidates will need to be UK Nationals. We will require you to get BPSS and SC Clearance.
Security Aspects letter (SAL) SECURITY/MF/SA/MM/13515/20 dated July 2021 states the measures we need to apply while discharging our contract with our customer. These requirements are flowed to us from the UK MOD.
The 2 key elements are that all personnel we employ on this work must have SC clearance in place before we can give them access to our IT system used, and that everyone must be a British national and with no dual nationalities.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Engineering Technician apprenticeship standard:
- An employer approved Level 2 Foundation Competence qualification
- An employer approved Level 3 Development Competence qualification
- An employer approved Level 3 Development Technical Knowledge qualification
- One day at DCG and the rest of the week at the workplace
- 10-week block release
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Could progress to:
- Project manager
- Leadership roles
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade C/4) Essential
Other Engineering (Grade Any) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.