Information Communication Technician Apprentice WIZARD INFORMATION TECHNOLGY (UK) LTD
We’re looking for an Apprentice Engineer to deploy and manage our products and services. This is a mixed role, both field engineer, helpdesk and workshop technician. The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in IT, an analytical mind with a real problem-solving ability.
Closing date: 24 Feb 2023
Plus travel allowance
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
13 Mar 2023
17 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
To thrive in this role you will work alongside the IT Helpdesk support team who are responsible for providing the first and second line support for many customers, incorporating:
• Hardware and software asset management
• Logging, tracking, and resolving incidents relating to desktops, laptops, printers and associated hardware
• System maintenance and patching
• Participating in the new starter / leaver processes
• Setting up loan laptops and mobile phones
• System testing and deployment
• Work with the Helpdesk Team to handle the day to day user requests from the service desk system
• Application support and installs
• Provide first level support of desktop applications
• Provide first level support of desktop hardware
• Provide first level support of peripheral devices
• Hardware upgrades and troubleshooting
• New hardware installations for desktops and laptops including asset management
• Setup of new mobile / desk phone and central managing them
• User account creation and decommissioning
• Resolve problems by remote control or visiting in person if required
• Escalate calls where necessary to either other IT team members or external support
• Set up and maintenance of all user accounts on variety of platforms
• Follow IT policies and procedures
• Keeping various internal databases/systems up to date
• Ensuring asset register is up to date
• Mobile Phone device setup and updates
• Contractor liaison where appropriate
• Checking in and out of IT deliveries
• Writing knowledge based articles and keeping documentation
PCs and Laptops:
• New PC setup and repair OS or process warranty claims
• Enforcement of IT policies and security procedures (e.g., removal of rogue/bloatware software)
• Hardware/Software installation / upgrades
• Audio Visual support for conference rooms as needed
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Firebrand is the leader in Accelerated Learning and has grown to become a global business – with training centers around the world. Since its inception in 2001 the company has grown at an incredible rate; more than 30,000 students have now gained IT and project management certification through our unique Accelerated Learning methodology. We are a Microsoft Gold training partner and all our apprenticeship courses have been developed in conjunction with Microsoft, and the courses are regularly monitored by the Government, Microsoft and City & Guilds. Information communications technician level 3.
You will travel to Wyboston Lakes in Bedfordshire to sit your courses.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
After successfully completing your Apprenticeship, there is an opportunity for you to proceed in your career with Wizard IT.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
WIZARD INFORMATION TECHNOLGY (UK) LTD
FIREBRAND TRAINING LIMITED
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.