Djanogoly City Academy are looking for an Apprentice Science Technician to join their school. You will be required to: · Provide technical support to the science teachers by assisting with the preparation of materials and apparatus for practical work. · Adhere to all legislative requirements in relation to Health and Safety.
Closing date: 31 Jan 2023
Applicants will receive £11,554 per annum in their 1st year. This will rise to a maximum of £17,476 (depending on age) (this is the pro rata amount for working term time only, 39 weeks per year)
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
01 Feb 2023
21 Dec 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to begin a career in education.
To assist the Science Technician with: ·
- Coordinating the use of practical resources/facilities and providing assistance and/or advice in the practical needs of the Science Curriculum, including liaising with teaching staff.
- Preparation of resources and assembling apparatus.
- Obtaining materials by local purchase.
- Providing technical advice and assistance to teaching staff and students.
- Carrying out risk assessments for technician activities.
Curriculum administrative support:
Maintenance and Equipment of Stock:
- To promote the maintenance of a healthy and safe working environment.
- Assist with arranging for external maintenance and repair if necessary.
- Keep appropriate records of service and maintenance undertaken.
- Assist with stock management and ordering.
- Assist with ensuring the correct disposal of used materials.
- Contribute to the assessment, monitoring and review of Health and Safety procedures and information resources.
- Keeping up to date with current procedures through CPD.
Long Term Development of Department:
- To contribute to the design, development and maintenance of specialist resources and/or long term projects.
- Seek out and undertake professional development opportunities as appropriate.
- Carry out such other reasonable activities required in the pursuance of duties.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Laboratory Technician Standard Level 3 - https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/laboratory-technician-v1-2
- Please note that the apprenticeship standards require the apprentice to sit an End Point Assessment. Please refer to above link for more information.
This apprenticeship takes place at the employers address but the applicant will also have a day release. This will take place once a week at Nottingham College, City Hub Campus.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Possible permanent position on the completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.