The successful apprentice will undertake this office‐based position to support with general IT duties and to provide practical IT assistance. The apprentice will also offer support to the business, as required. For the right person this is an opportunity to secure paid employment and a level 3 qualification.
Closing date: 05 Feb 2023
£9,129.38 to £18,031.00
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 36.5
Possible start date
01 Jun 2023
20 Dec 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Main duties will include:
- To provide IT support to employees over the phone and face-to-face
- To install and maintain computers and peripherals, such as printers
- To configure employee accounts and emails, using Active Directory and Office 365
- To record assets
- To monitor remote equipment functionality (CCTV, door entry systems active and working)
- To assist with website management, security and updates
- To carry out data extract routines, e.g., FENSA certifications
- To carry out other ad hoc duties, as and when required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
For the full apprenticeship, candidates will complete:
- Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard in Information Communication Technician
- Functional Skills in English at Level 2
- Functional Skills in maths at Level 2
Apprentices will also be expected to attend college sessions once a week for the first 30 weeks of the course (term-time only). Sessions will be held at the Ipswich Road campus, located near Norwich city centre.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
We take continuous professional development seriously and we are committed to ensure each individual performs at their best and develops their potential for future roles. A successful candidate can expect potential future employment upon completion of this apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Other IT- related qualification (Grade Any) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
CITY COLLEGE NORWICH
City College Norwich
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.