An exciting opportunity to work alongside the IT department at the Netherhall School. You will provide support to all users of the computer network. You will also contribute to the day-to-day maintenance of the client-side ICT infrastructure.
Closing date: 28 Feb 2023
The hourly wage for this position is £5.50 per hour.
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
01 Mar 2023
05 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To provide first line support to users, diagnosing and resolving problems when possible, escalating where necessary
- To monitor the Trust’s Helpdesk system and prioritise tickets, ensuring high quality advice is provided to end users in a timely manner
- To assist in the maintenance of the client-side infrastructure, including laptops, desktops, interactive whiteboards and projectors
- To assist in the setup of PA systems and other ad hoc audio/visual equipment, as needed
- To provide in-class support to students and teachers, as appropriate
- To contribute to hardware and software installations and upgrades
- To contribute content to the media databases, as required
- To assist in the maintenance of the Trust’s ICT Asset Register and contribute to its general upkeep
- To ensure that the requisite Health and Safety regulations and Trust policies are complied with
- To remain mindful of systems security at all times and raise any concerns through line management
- To participate as a full member of the wider Anglian Learning IT Team, mutually supporting colleagues in other schools within the Trust, which may involve occasional travel and would be subject to the reimbursement of travel expenses
- To undertake any other duties consistent with the post as directed by the Director of IT
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 IT Solutions Technician Aprenticeship Standard.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possible full-time employment upon completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Essential
About the employer
LET ME PLAY LIMITED
IT technical salesperson
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.