A pharmacy based in Chesterfield are hoping to recruit a hardworking and determined candidate to work within their small team of qualified professionals, as an Apprentice Pharmacy Assistant. For the right person, there is the opportunity to secure full-time employment and progress to higher level qualifications. Duties include: Support with patient consultations and dispensing medicine (After training).
Closing date: 31 Jan 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
01 Feb 2023
19 Dec 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties to include:
- Support with patient consultations
- Dispensing medicine (After training)
- General admin
- Dealing with over the counter and phone enquiries
- Use of the computer and the pharmacy specific software
- Checking off and unpacking orders
- Stock management
- Date checking of stock
- Processing NHS prescriptions
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Training to be provided
Level 2 Pharmacy Services Assistant apprenticeship standard, which includes:
Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
End-Point Assessment (EPA)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Possibility of full-time permanent role for the right person.
- Further potential for other training such as a Level 3 Pharmacy Technician apprenticeship standard.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
WOODSPEEN TRAINING LIMITED
Pharmacy services assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.