Construction Support Technician Apprenticeship Land & Water Services Ltd
This apprenticeship is an exciting opportunity for a passionate & dedicated individual to begin a career within the civil engineering sector. We will give you a fantastic opportunity to work on key infrastructure projects where land and water meet.
Closing date: 01 Apr 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
04 Sep 2023
04 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the requirements of a project are met, ensuring records of the communications are kept in line with company processes
- Ensure accurate contractual records are kept in relation to the planning of projects
- Support the implementation of appropriate contract quantities and cost monitoring systems to provide early warning of problems for all contract phases on site
- Support the progress of construction projects, recommending and proposing revisions of programmes and assisting with the planning of schedules of work
- Support the procurement of project materials, plant and sub-contractors
- Identify the suitability of health and safety documentation, including risk assessments and method statements, to assist in ensuring sufficient planning has been carried out for tasks to be completed safely
This is not an exhaustive list and you will be involved in a range of roles and responsibilities incorporating both site and office work, to give you a broad understanding of work within construction and contracting operations.
You will need a driving licence as you will need to visit various construction sites.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Applicant will receive a Construction Support Technician Level 3 apprenticeship
- Training will be day release and will take place once a week at East Surrey College
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
You will finish the qualification with a range of skills and abilities that you will be able to employ for the rest of your career, utilising key skills such as contracting, quantity surveying, estimating and procurement to become a well-rounded individual within the civil engineering sector.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
EAST SURREY COLLEGE
Construction support technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.