This an integral role as part of the team responsible for helping to maintain an efficient and accurate finance function within the business. You will be responsible for assisting the team of accountants with accounting duties such as inputing purchase invoices onto the accounts system.
Closing date: 06 Feb 2023
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
20 Feb 2023
16 Dec 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Input of purchase invoices onto the accounts system.
- Dealing with supplier queries, on telephone, email and via Teams as required.
- Progress to supplier statement reconciliations.
- Ensure purchase orders and goods received notes are matched to relevant invoices.
- Processing of credit cards and expenses.
- Administrative tasks, i.e. scanning and filing.
- Helping to ensure accounts email inbox is being maintained and queries responded to in a timely fashion.
- Payment runs – collating and posting.
- Cashbook postings, progressing to reconciliations to bank.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Working towards completing Level 2 Accounts or Finance Asistant Apprenticeship Standard. Attendance at Hertford Regional College one day per week to achieve AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There will be opportunities for progression and a permanent position subject to performance.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C (9-4)) Essential
About the employer
HERTFORD REGIONAL COLLEGE
The Apprenticeship Team
Accounts or finance assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.