Business Administrator Apprentice TAILORED FIRE & SECURITY (MANCHESTER) LTD
Tailored Fire & Security are looking for an apprentice business administrator to join our dynamic team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-established organisation with upcoming projects you will be an integral part of the team. You will monitor inventory levels for critical parts, build and maintain supply redundancy.
Closing date: 19 Feb 2023
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
27 Feb 2023
13 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The primary responsibility of the Apprentice Business Administrator is for the supervision of the inbound and outbound traffic, managing buying and delivery process of goods or services to both internal and external clients. The Apprentice Business Administrator will coordinate daily warehousing activities.
You will be required to perform a variety of duties and tasks associated with maintaining a warehouse, receiving, stock management, distributing and maintaining an accurate inventory of supplies/equipment.
The goal is to ensure that daily operations exceed company and customer expectations.
Duties will include but not limited to:
- Build and maintain supply redundancy
- Procure and ship orders specifically for the Service department, working closely with all members of the service team to aid them in completing their jobs on time and in full
- Maintain part costs, update delivery information and job costings in the ERP software
- Monitor inventory levels for critical parts
- Maintain and communicate availability information to your manager
- Prepare and complete orders for delivery or pickup according to schedule (load, pack, wrap, label & ship)
- Receive and process warehouse stock products (pick, unload, label, store)
- Perform inventory controls and keep quality standards high for audits
- Keep a clean and safe working environment
- Organise and maintain inventory held in storage area(s)
- Report any discrepancies
- Operate and maintain warehouse equipment within safety/maintenance guidelines
- Follow quality service standards and comply with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Catalogue or label items with storage details
- Package and send out completed orders to internal and external customers
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
On successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will achieve the Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard.
The apprenticeship training will be carried out in the workplace, and you will be allocated a work-based tutor from Hopwood Hall College who will support you through the apprenticeship.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
On successful completion of the apprenticeship this may lead to a permanent position with the employer and further progression.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4 or above) Desired
About the employer
HOPWOOD HALL COLLEGE
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.