Information Communications Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship The Ongar Academy
To provide 1st, 2nd and third line support to all users at The Ongar Academy. Provide support and technical problem solving on hardware and software issues and problems to all users. Setup and maintain projectors and interactive whiteboards & other IT hardware.
Closing date: 23 Apr 2023
Contract: Fixed term for 18 months, 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year, 20 days paid holiday per year, plus bank holidays.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday - Friday, 08:00 - 16:00
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
01 May 2023
20 Dec 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To provide 1st, 2nd and third line support to all users at the Ongar Academy
- Provide support and technical problem solving on hardware and software issues and problems to all users
- Setup and maintain projectors and interactive whiteboards & other IT hardware devices
- Basic user management; e.g. password resets, group management
- Provide hardware and support maintenance, e.g., projector cleaning, PC cleaning, printers, software maintenance
- Installation of new computer systems and peripherals
- Keep Network Manager or IT Director in their absence, updated on progress and work carried out
- Monitor workstation system logs and take appropriate action for safeguarding
- Uphold network security. Changes to be authorised by Network
- Manager or IT Director in their absence
- Maintain equipment security (physical)
- Uphold school e-safety policy
- Help maintain all necessary records including inventories and details of equipment checks
- Work tickets from the internal support system as directed from the Network Manager
- At times may also be required to work at different sites within Bridge Academy Trust
- Service and image
- To develop and project a positive “can do” departmental image, by devising and introducing methods of promoting an effective and proactive ICT service. This to include periodically briefing teaching and support staff on network and other related matters
- Experience of using and maintaining Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent interpersonal, persuasive and communication skills
- Willingness to work with children of all ages
- Good technical capability
- Good time management
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to learn and improve skills
- Willing to work as member of team
- Commitment to high standards
- Willingness to learn and improve technical skills through recognised qualifications/in house training
- A cheerful disposition and a good sense of humour
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Information Communications Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Depending on need at the end of the course and will be reviewed close to the end
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent I.T (Grade Grade 4/C or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade 4/C or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
The Ongar Academy
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.