Learning Support Assistant Apprentice CHURCHDOWN SCHOOL ACADEMY
Applications are sought from enthusiastic, caring and dedicated individuals committed to helping young people of all abilities to aim high and reach their full potential. You will be helping teachers by supervising activities and working with children on an individual, small-group or whole-class basis.
Closing date: 21 Mar 2023
32.5hrs Monday to Friday Hours to be discussed at interview, attend college 1 day per week
Total hours per week: 32.5
Possible start date
04 Apr 2023
04 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Will support students in all areas of the school curriculum with all aspects of their learning, as well as providing opportunities for them to develop their social skills and emotional well-being.
- Supporting a wide range of students in the classroom,including those with physical disabilities and autism.
- Mentoring individual students
- Assisting in the delivery of specific programmes to small groups of students with learning difficulties
- Planning individualised strategies for students with specific needs Assisting with the planning and running of break and lunchtime clubs
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
As the successful apprentice you will undertake an Apprenticeship in Level 3 to include assessment in Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours of a Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship , Functional Skills in Maths and English and completion of your End Point Assessment. During your time on the apprenticeship programme, you will also be expected to complete and document 20% off-job-training.
The Apprenticeship will be delivered by South Gloucestershire & Stroud College over18 Months.
You will be required to attend Stroud Campus on day release for your studies and an assessor will visit you out on site. You will be assigned a supervisor/mentor within the workplace, who will support you to develop your workplace skills, knowledge and behaviours throughout the duration of your apprenticeship programme.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential full time employment upon completion of apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
CHURCHDOWN SCHOOL ACADEMY
SOUTH GLOUCESTERSHIRE AND STROUD COLLEGE
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.