Nursery Practitioner Apprentice HARVEY ROAD DAY NURSERY LTD
Independent small not for profit nursery based in the centre of Cambridge. Looking for a committed person that is flexible to join our dynamic team to do an Early Years Practitioner apprenticeship. You will be supervising the children in play and learning activities, as well as helping with their care routines.
Closing date: 06 Apr 2023
Paid holiday, uniform provided and lunch provided.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday to Friday shifts ranging from 8.00am – 5.30pm
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
07 Apr 2023
19 Dec 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The Nursery Assistant is accountable to the Nursery Manager, the Deputy Officer, Deputy Assistant and Room Leader as appropriate, but is under the general supervision of all the more senior staff in the room.
- To assist in the supervision of the children, ensuring that the highest standards apply at all times
- To provide a stimulating environment and foster play with a purpose
- To encourage the children to maintain and develop their own individuality and independence within a supportive group care
- To keep a record of the activities undertaken during the week. When competent to be involved and contribute to planning of activities
- To record and/or show awareness of the milestones for the children in your care
- To bring to the attention of the Nursery Manager any concerns relating to sage guarding and health and safety of the children in your care
- To be responsible for the care and cleaning of all Nursery equipment ensuring that a high standard is maintained
- To be involved in fund raising for Harvey Road Day Nursery
- To attend training courses as required by the Nursery Manager
- To treat any information of matters relating to the work within the Nursery as confidential
- To participate in Room/staff meetings
- To be aware of hygiene and cleanliness within the Room you are working, ensuring that a high standard is maintained
- To adhere to all Harvey Road Day Nursery policies
- To undertake any other duties as may be required from time to time in keeping with the post
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will achieve an Apprenticeship in Early Years via a work mentor and weekly college attendance
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Once qualified to the above level’s further obtaining further qualifications are possible
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3 or D) Essential
About the employer
HARVEY ROAD DAY NURSERY LTD
9-10 HARVEY ROAD
CAMBRIDGE REGIONAL COLLEGE
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.