Equine Groom Apprentice Cragside Riding School
Cragside Riding School are looking to welcome to their small team an apprentice groom to join in learning the aspects of working in and helping to run the riding school. You will be mucking out, skipping out and setting fair stables. We are an expanding riding school and there may be an opportunity to train alongside our resident level 3 coaches and level 4 Stable Managers.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2023
We are open 7 days per week from 8am-8pm, there maybe an opportunity to work on a shift pattern. You will be required to cover at least 1 weekend day and other days will require either an early start or late finish
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday to Saturday, times to be arranged
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
03 Jul 2023
15 Dec 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Within the stables, you will be responsible, on a daily basis for:
- Mucking out, skipping out, setting fair stables.
- Supplying all horses with hay AM & PM and when needed, and that all empty nets are filled ready for next day.
- That horses are given a constant supply of clean fresh water.
- Feeding and ensuring feed buckets are cleaned daily.
- Yard and sheds are kept clean & swept throughout your shift, as well as arena and other facilities.
- Bring in & turnout horses changing rugs if necessary.
- Picking out horses feet AM & PM and basic health checks.
- Taking up and untacking horses for lessons.
- and ensuring horses are groomed and presentable.
- Assisting in lessons/hacks when asked.
- Maintain a professional manner with clients of all ages and work colleagues.
- Be prepared to take instructions and ask advice from more senior members of staff.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Full Equine Groom Level 2 Standard
- All training to take place at the employers premises
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The possibility of full-time employment on the successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-2 or A*-E) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Cragside Riding School
CITY OF SUNDERLAND COLLEGE
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.