Apprentice Butcher HFS TARPORLEY LTD
The Hollies Farm shop is recruiting an Apprentice Butcher to join their Hollies Training Academy scheme starting in September 2023. The successful applicant will work with an experienced butchery team who provide butchery production to a very high standard for our customers.
Closing date: 01 Jun 2023
Wages to be discussed at interview stage.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Hours to be discussed at interview.
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
15 Jun 2023
15 Dec 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Whole carcass butchery of beef, pork and venison as well as sausages, burgers and some poultry.
- Working flexibly with the main kitchen and supporting their customer service at the meat and fish counter.
- Working in a clean and tidy manner whilst adhering to the companies HACCP policies, food safety hygiene, and safety procedures
- Assisting in strict stock control rotation
- The principles of waste minimisation, saleable yield and predictive costing methods
- Methods for weighing products, controlling temperature, wrapping, sealing, packing, labelling and stock control of meat and poultry products for wholesale or retail sale
- Accepting deliveries of large carcass which will involve heavy lifting
- Undertaking development programs during the working week provided by Reaseheath College gaining a Level 2 Butchery Apprenticeship
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The butchery apprenticeship training will take place 1 day a week at Reaseheath College. This will be 12 to 18 months depending on previous experience.
At the end of this apprenticeship you will achieve an intermediate apprenticeship in Level 2 butchery and Apprentices must achieve Level 2 Food Safety Award, Level 2 Health & Safety in the Food Supply Chain Award, and Level 2 Knife Skills Award prior to taking the end-point assessment.
Apprentices without functional skills level 1 or equivalent English and mathematics will need to achieve this level and take the test for level 2 English and mathematics prior to taking the end-point assessment.
Progression after achieving the Level 2 Apprenticeship candidates can progress through to a Level 3 advanced apprenticeship in butchery.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
We are a growing business and our butchery department is always growing due to the nature of our business. There would be an opportunity for a full time permanent position. This could be at Tarporley or our Stretton shop. There is also a possibility of new locations coming soon.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
HFS TARPORLEY LTD
HOLLIES FARM SHOP
01829 760 761
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.