PE and School Sport Apprentice Salisbury Road Primary School
Do you enjoy sports and working with children? Salisbury Road Primary School are looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic, hardworking individual who would like train as an apprentice sports teaching assistant in a Primary School, supporting learning in the classroom and in PE lessons as well as leading sports activities at lunchtimes and after school.
Closing date: 01 Feb 2023
Term time only Actual annual salary £6,871.00
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 32
Possible start date
14 Feb 2023
22 Dec 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
You must be a good team player, committed to inclusion and willing to go the extra mile for our children, significantly contributing to the quality education provision we strive to achieve.
- Support and challenge children under the direction of the teacher
- Contribute to progress in learning; encourage the children to develop learning skills (together, trying, tools, thinking) using the school’s systems as demonstrated by the class teacher
- Support children with additional social and/or emotional needs
- Support the teacher with management of the classroom
- Prepare and maintain resources and displays
- Work with children during some play/lunchtime and provide assistance with pupil well care
- Undertake other duties appropriate to apprenticeship
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
PLYMOUTH ARGYLE FOOTBALL IN THE COMMUNITY TRUST.
Apprenticeship standard Community Activator coach Level 2 (GCSE).
Training to be once a month at Plymouth Argyle.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There may be the potential for full-time employment upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, for the right candidate.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Math (Grade 4-9 (A*-C)) Essential
About the employer
PLYMOUTH ARGYLE FOOTBALL IN THE COMMUNITY TRUST
Community activator coach
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.