Business Support Apprentice KINGS BENCH GODOLPHIN CHAMBERS
As an apprentice barrister's clerk, you will be an integral part of the team with responsibility in assisting the clerks with the day to day running of Chambers. You will provide support for the clerking team including processing emails, papers, answering telephone enquiries and assisting with the arrangement of conferences.
Closing date: 14 Apr 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday - Friday - 09.00am - 5.50pm (1 hour unpaid lunch break). 28 days holiday (bank holidays and seasonal leave are additional)
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
17 Apr 2023
09 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
This is a new opportunity for a proactive candidate to join an established team of barrister clerks that offer full administration support to a large Barrister Chambers. The position is for an Apprentice Junior Clerk who will assist the Senior Clerk and Clerks in the daily management of the barrister's diaries and case management. Job roles will be varied but mainly admin support based. Tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Data processing of client information, maintaining client confidentiality at all times
- Regular use of telephone systems for liaison with internal/external staff
- Checking the court lists and assisting with diary management
- Making sure all the relevant information is entered onto our bespoke diary management system
- Responsibility of arranging conferences for the criminal team
- Liaising with those who instruct the barristers for relevant documents
- Meeting/greeting clients, supporting main reception area
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Full Business Administrator Standard - Level 3
- On the job training to support role development/progress
- Off the job training to support qualification requirements (College attendance)
- Employer to provide dedicated training time to support training requirements
- Functional Skills support (maths - English - if required)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possibility of progression options including full-time employment or a further qualification opportunity for the right candidate on successful completion of the Level 3 apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Mathematics (Grade 9* /A - 4/C) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
KINGS BENCH GODOLPHIN CHAMBERS
Unit 18, Mills Bakery
Royal William Yard
FOCUS TRAINING (SW) LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.