SEND Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship KING DAVID PRIMARY SCHOOL
As the apprentice you will offer support to teachers with general teaching assistant duties and provide quality 1-1 support for SEND pupils. All staff are expected to be committed to the safeguarding and promotion of the welfare of children.
Closing date: 17 Feb 2023
£5 per hour
Total hours per week: 32.5
Possible start date
20 Feb 2023
13 Dec 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties will include:
· General care on a 1-1 basis with SEND pupils
· Participate in planning and evaluation of learning activities with the teacher, providing feedback to the teacher on pupil progress and behaviour
· Support the teacher in monitoring, assessing and recording pupil progress/activities
· Provide feedback to pupils in relation to attainment and progress under the guidance of the teacher
· Support learning by arranging/providing resources for lessons/activities under the direction of the teacher
· Intimate care of SEND pupil such as nappy change
· Supervise pupils at lunch and break time
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Teaching Assistant
· Ixion Holdings will provide the Apprenticeship Standard.
· Ixion Holdings will complete functional skills where necessary.
· Ixion Holdings will ensure Health & Safety, British Values and Equality & Diversity is embedded throughout the course.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possibility to be hired on a permanent basis or move onto a higher qualification.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4 or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
IXION HOLDINGS (CONTRACTS) LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.