Apprentice - Business Legal Administrator EMILY BOARDMAN, RUTH HAWKINS & IRENA SKAPIN OSBORNE
This is a great opportunity to join an award winning family law firm and be a part of a small, friendly team. You will have the opportunity to develop skills and experiences through undertaking a number of administrative tasks, communicating effectively and building positive relationships with colleagues and clients.
Closing date: 16 Feb 2023
Starting wage will be 13,000 with a maximum of 15,000 per annum
Total hours per week: 38
Possible start date
13 Mar 2023
19 Dec 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
You will be responsible for providing administrative support for the whole firm together with reception cover.
Core tasks and resposibilties:
- Answering all incoming telephone calls and ascertaining who to put calls through
- To deal with new client calls
- Greeting people at reception, offering drinks and assistance to clients and visitors as required/appropriate
- Dealing with queries from the public and clients
- Employing a professional telephone manner, taking detailed messages and returning calls where appropriate
- Operating various office equipment including but not limited to computers and photocopiers
- Opening and closing files and assisting with file management
- Ensure knowledge of staff movements in and out of the office
- Checking stationery and informing the Office Manager when there is a need to re-order
- Take and record meter reading for photocopiers, electricity, gas and water
- Help with organising post collections and deliveries
- Scanning and circulating post & DX and save to CMS
- Diarise Court Orders
- Dealing with deliveries
- Ensuring petty cash is kept topped up and all receipts for outgoing payments are received
- Daily management of the info@ inbox and deal as appropriate
- Help maintain and update New Client spreadsheet
- Monitor health and safety procedures for all visitors and clients to the office and notify the Office Manager of any concerns
- You will participate in training when appropriate provided by the firm, both internally and externally, both in person and virtually
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality when dealing with clients and visitors in reception in accordance with the firm’s GDPR policy
- To assist with end of day procedures to include loading the dishwasher, emptying the coffee machine, checking lights are switched off, fire doors are closed, computers are switched off, front door is locked, alarm set and back door locked
(if last to leave the building)
- To assist the Partners and Office Manager as reasonably requested in managing back office functions
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
College Delivery Model:
- Work-based training with your employer
- 10 days Business Professionals training at college
- Approximately 12 on-site assessment visits per year
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (7 days at college for each, if required)
- Off the job training will count for at least 6 hours per week of an apprentice’s time at work
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English and maths (if required)
- L3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard
- End Point Assessment: Knowledge test, Portfolio based interview, Project/improvement presentation
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Future opportunities will be discussed during the interview process.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
EMILY BOARDMAN, RUTH HAWKINS & IRENA SKAPIN OSBORNE
ABINGDON AND WITNEY COLLEGE
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.