To assist and provide high quality childcare, within a positive, safe and happy environment. Regularly plan and prepare a variety of play based activities around EYFS and in the completion of all relevant record keeping, paperwork and administration.
Closing date: 20 Feb 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
23 Feb 2023
13 Dec 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Plan, provide & take part in play-based activities that stimulate & support children’s intellectual, physical, social, emotional & language development based on EYFS
- Listening to, encouraging, enabling, stimulating & ensuring safe keeping of the children
- Provision of refreshments & ensure the setting is clean & safe for the children
- Work towards the Level 2 Apprenticeship & be responsible for own CPD & refresh of mandatory training
- Carry out risk assessments
- Build & maintain positive & professional relationships with parents
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
An apprenticeship allows you to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards the Early Years Practitioner Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard, with support from your employer and the Chesterfield College Group.
As part of your apprenticeship, and dependent on your prior attainment, you may be required to complete maths and English Functional Skills which is an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition for these qualifications.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential for full-time employment/progression onto the early year educator level 3.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above) Desired
About the employer
01246 500 500
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.