We are looking for an apprentice EYFS Educator to support the class teacher and qualified EYFS team in our nursery and pre-school. If you are looking for an apprenticeship to develop your skills in working with children, then working at Cheddar First Preschool could be a new and exciting opportunity. The role involves working effectively with the class teacher, phase leader, other support staff, and other adults, including volunteers, deploying them where appropriate, helping inform the class teacher in setting clear targets, which build on children’s interests and prior attainment and support in the planning of opportunities to contribute to pupil’s spiritual, moral, social, emotional and cultural development.
Closing date: 20 Feb 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
28 Feb 2023
13 Dec 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Support in the planning, monitoring and evaluating effective and differentiated curriculum opportunities, including home learning, with support and guidance from the class teacher and phase leader
- Support the class teacher and phase leader in the assessment, recording and reporting on children’s development, progress and attainment
- Helping inform the class teacher in setting clear targets, which build on children’s interests and prior attainment
- Using professional knowledge and expertise, help support in identifying early developers/ able pupils and those with additional educational needs, working with parents and other professionals to give positive and targeted support where needed
- Develop ongoing positive relationships with parents and meet them formally a minimum of twice per year to share targets and review progress, with direction and support from the class teacher and phase leader
- Work effectively with the class teacher, phase leader, other support staff, and other adults, including volunteers, deploying them where appropriate
- Support the teaching team to ensure high standards of behaviour and share the corporate responsibility for the well-being and discipline of all pupils, in line with school policy
- Support in the planning of opportunities to contribute to pupil’s spiritual, moral, social, emotional and cultural development
- Help to maintain a well-organised, safe and enabling learning environment and provide a high standard of display both in the learning zones and around the school, under direction from the class teacher, phase leader and headteacher
- Be a professional and positive role model in terms of personal presentation, timekeeping and behaviour
- Attend to health and safety and safeguarding at all times
- Have regard to equal opportunities and inclusion at all times
- Establish effective professional relationships within the school, the Wessex Learning Trust, community, local authority and with other agencies where appropriate
- Take responsibility for your own professional development, keeping up to date with current research and development
- Undertake in a share of playground duties and rota duties for school activities
- Contribute to the broader life of the school in order to support the development of the school and pupils within it and support the development of Cheddar First School as a school at the heart of the community and promote the school in the local community
- Attend and contribute to high quality professional development and staff meetings as requested by the headteacher
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Early Years Educator Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard.
- Paediatric First Aid
- Functional skills in maths and English - if applicable and depending on your prior attainments and being able to provide evidence of these.
- 1-day college attendance.
- Observations to be completed in the workplace to assess competence.
- End point assessment.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential for a full-time job offer, however this is not guaranteed.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade 4/C or equivalent) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
WESSEX LEARNING TRUST
WESTON COLLEGE OF FURTHER AND HIGHER EDUCATION
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.