Mill & Machine Shop Assistant Apprenticeship A J B WOODWORKING LTD
AJB Group are currently seeking to expand their Mill & Machine shop department. The successful applicant will perform multifunctional roles within the fundamental part of the factory, ensuring continuous flow of manufacturing items are being produced within the Mill and Machine Shop to reduce bottle necks.
Closing date: 12 Mar 2023
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
13 Mar 2023
21 Dec 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
As an assistant to the two departments, the role will consist of the following:
- Assist the main operators in the Mill & Machine Shop, receiving timbers from the back of the machines, and placing timbers onto a trolley
- Ensure items are quality checked and labelled with sizes before placing on the trolleys
- Ensure items are stacked correctly on trolleys
- Assisting the Timber Mill with deliveries and disturbing timber to the Mill shop
- Ensure department is kept clean and tidy
- Liaising / maintaining effective links with department staff and Coordinators
- Ensure performance / quality is kept to a high standard
- Ensure work flow within department is maintained
- Meeting department deadlines
- Complying to department SOP’s
- Tool kits are used and stored correctly
- All machinery is used correctly
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Full in house training towards successful completion of the Lean Manufacturing Operative which includes:
- EAL Level 2 Diploma in Manufacturing (knowledge and skills) 603/3589/0
- ETCAL Level 2 Diploma in Manufacturing (knowledge and skills) 603/5151/2
- Pearson BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Manufacturing (knowledge and skills) 603/4344/8
- OAL Level 2 Diploma in Manufacturing (knowledge and skills) Ofqual number: 603/6783/0
Apprentices without Level 1 (or equivalent) in English and maths must ensure that apprentices achieve Level 1 and take the test for Level 2 prior to taking the end-point assessment.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
On successful completion of the Apprenticeship the candidate may have a chance to complete a higher level qualification / get a more senior position within the company.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Lean manufacturing operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.