Engineering Apprentice - Machining WILLIAM HUGHES LTD
Apprentices required for September 2023! Do you have enthusiasm, drive and a commitment to a future in Engineering? Apply if you do! A mechanical interest for engineering must be reflected in your application, be it through repairs to cars/bikes etc., or a general interest in Engineering.
Closing date: 05 Jun 2023
Shifts are 6.45am-2.15pm or 2pm-9pm or 2pm-10pm Days TBC
Total hours per week: 39
Possible start date
01 Sep 2023
12 Dec 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
William Hughes specialises in the design and manufacture of custom-made springs, wire forms and assemblies. We are seeking to employ an enthusiastic & hardworking individual as an Engineering Apprentice.
We are looking for someone who enjoys both practical and academic work with an aptitude for, and an interest in, Engineering.
Successful candidates will be given the opportunity to spend time visiting each department to gain insight into all Engineering techniques used.
Main duties and areas of training will include:
- CNC Milling machines
- Surface grinders and various other equipment used in the Tool-room department
- Wire forming and Spring manufacturing equipment
- Inspection and quality checking
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- The apprenticeship training is delivered through a combination of workplace learning and regular college attendance. This training will teach you the knowledge, skills and behaviours set out in the Level 3 Engineering Technician standard
- On completion the apprentice will receive level 3 Engineering Technician qualification. Functional Skills in maths and English may also be required depending on current level
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- On successful completion of the apprenticeship there may be the opportunity take you on permanently
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
WILLIAM HUGHES LTD
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.